Saturday, May 10, 2008

My home at Manly

My love of the Hamptons inspired me when we built our home in Manly overlooking the bay, we wanted a relaxed coastal look that suited our lifestyle and our area we live in. All the homes in our street are Queensland style homes which date back to over a 100 years old some are just simply ready to be renovated or in need of bulldozing, our previous home was just that, not worth renovating, so we built a new home trying to keep the character of timber boards,french windows lots of white. Winter is approaching and I can't wait to use our fireplace (in all honesty we only get a few months of cold weather, um...10 degrees at night if we are lucky, but us Queenslanders love the cool change.) My sofa's have slip covers for easy washing and care, most of my look is neutral but in spring I add colour with cushions,flowers etc...I'll keep posting more shots of my home over the next few weeks

4 comments:

cathypentonatelier said...

Wow your house looks just gorgeous...Thank you for saying such nice things about my charms. Have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow... If it was a lovely day like it was today we will be heading to the park for a while... Take care Cathy
PS Please re-order whenever you like....

Linda Lou said...

You have an amazing home, can't wait to see more. Australia looks like a wonderful place to live. Happy Mother's Day.

A Seaside House said...

Gorgeus, looks great!!! Haven`t been visiting any blogs lately either, when the sun is here we have to work in the garden, it`s a lot of rain here also in the spring and the summer..Sounds lovely using the patio every day, the climate is not like that here in Norway, but right know itÅs beautiful... I see you have a lot of interior books,it would be very nice if you could tell me the titles of the books at/under your coffetable:) Thanks for recommanding my blog:) Have a nice sunday! Will be back soon to see even more from your beautiful home!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of you! Your home is so lovely!