Friday, June 12, 2009

What a Week!

I'm so sorry for the lack of posts all week. We were invited to an exclusive Riviera Maison Xmas showing in melbourne which was so much fun. The logs fires, the snow capped tree's, the old sleighs and ski's decorated the room's which were filled with decorations and delights. It was Xmas in July and the freezing cold weather set the scene perfectly. I have now completed all my Xmas buying, hard to believe when its still 6 months away!

Wednesday was our Interiors night at lily-g we showed the latest fabrics and wall-papers and design ideas, we had a guest speaker on Designer rugs and amazing footage from Tricia Guild (Designers Guild) talking about her inspiration and design process, did you know it takes a year of work to produce one collection! Champagne and delicious food flowed through the evening, the night was a huge success.
I have had so many calls in regards to our online shopping. We turn over so much stock in our retail business that every time we load images they sell before we have a chance to load it on to the site. We have had to re think the way we are going to tackle this project and hopefully in the next few weeks it will be up and running, finally!
Have a great week-end, I can't wait to visit all your blogs and see what I have missed out on xx

13 comments:

Alicia said...

I remember the days of retail buying in July...then once it arrived in November it was fun all over again.
That fabric swatch is spectacular.
Congrats on the brisk sales. its nice to see things go so well.

Turquoise Temptress said...

you've been a busy bee mumma! will see you tomorrow, love you xx

Anonymous said...

I just love that color combination in the picture - makes me want to paint something! Isn't fabric just so inspirational?

Country French Antiques said...

So love what you do, only hope that some day I'll get to visit!
Glad your having success but not surprising with your talent!
Have a beautiful day!

count it all joy said...

How wonderful to be so busy doing what you love with such beautiful surroundings and products. Congratulations on your well deserved success. Meredith xo.

Zuniga Interiors Design Studio said...

I love your style and your blog! So glad to have found it- I am in such love with the Australian blogs!

Take Care!

Michelle
Zuniga Interiors

beachvintage.com said...

Hope you don't feel to run down. Have a great weekend.

Nicole Cantero said...

I will be in Brisbane this weekend visiting my family but I can't possibly visit and not pop in. I love your store. It helps that my brother lives in the next street. Very excited to see what lovely things I can take back to Sydney with me.

God's Pittbull said...

How strange it is to read about someone being in winter while over here in Holland it's summer! What a wonderful planet we live on! And what a lovely afternoon you had! The picture is utterly devine!! Love that colour pink....

Kellie Collis said...

I do love that fabric!!!

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy bee alright & a big thank you for a wonderful night last week, I dreamt of beautiful fabrics and silk cushions all night! I never seem to leave empty handed in your gorgeous shop...til next time.

Anna Spiro said...

Hi Judy, got your email the other day...I have been trying to email you but it keeps bouncing back!
x

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

this sounds very exciting and I can't wait to see the new collection.