Thursday, September 25, 2008

Market Shopping in Provence





Not far from the Chateau was this beautiful village called L'Isle sur la Sorgue. This village comes alive on Sunday's "Market Day" and I was in Heaven all-day! I bought beautiful old gold embossed french books dating back to the 1800's, beautiful old sterling silver tea-spoons, antique prints and old original posters some on old Italian paper to give it a more authentic look, I begged my hubby to buy a stunning chandelier but at $8000 euro ($15,000 Aussie $) not including freight and taxes he just wouldn't spoil me really what was the problem Ha! Ha! I was truly happy with my bargains and only regret not buying a full silver cutlery set, but it all just got a Little overwhelming even for a shopaholic like me. The beautiful old linens were in high demand and the pieces just layed out on blankets some just rubbish other pieces just dreamy treasures, tables of silver every-where were so tempting. The antiques stores that lay about this village down walk-ways and cobblestone streets were amazing, large oak cabinets filled with nothing but large white shells, the furniture, I could go on and on, the prices are not to bad and so much better and cheaper than the Paris markets. I will definitely go back and with alot more cash! By the way..I stopped over at Vicki Archer's blog and she has posted about the same village that I was at only a week prior, I also realised that she actually lives in the most beautiful village in Provence it was both Pauls and my favourite village, quaint, pretty and so very old with the best shops too how lucky is she and we wont start on about the Chateau!

10 comments:

Irina said...

what a great time you had! it's my dream to go antiquing in France and other western and eastern European countries. the only problem my husband doesn't like shopping.
i'm checking you blog several times a day for a new report about your trip :)
irina from hong kong

la la Lovely said...

Welcome back home. Sounds like you had a lovely time!!!! The Chateau looks amazing and those market shops in Provence look like so much fun!
xx Trina

ness lockyer said...

I wonder if they would notice one of those divine chandeliers missing...probably wouldn't fit to well in a suitcase! You must have had a ball Judy. Can't wait to see more. Ness xx

viera said...

I am packing my suitcase. What a great time you had in Europe.Very lovely pictures, can not wait for more

mondo cherry said...

Shame about the chandelier! These husbands are always so practical. Sounds like you still managed to pick up a few treasures though. What a lovely way to spend a day.
Clare

Cathy Louise said...

Wow your blog is so exciting to view...It just makes us all dream and save more pennies, will need to sell lots and lots more charms I think....I'm heading to Brisbane tomorrow, so wish I had time to drop in again but it is a shopping day for my daughter and her friend so maybe next time....Luv Cathy xx

Millie said...

More gorgeous photos Judy - I'm having such a lovely time at the computer on my day off this morning! The old silver teaspoons sound just wonderful!
Millie ^_^

慢慢來 said...

針孔偵測器
反針孔偵測器
防止老人走失
防止小孩走失
防止寵物走失
底盤式追蹤器
車底追蹤器
追蹤器平台
日港電信
追蹤器科技網
北台灣防衛科技
汽車追蹤器出租
行車記錄器
租車公司
汽車衛星追蹤器
吸附式追蹤器
商業間諜
內神通外鬼
通姦罪
中華徵信
中華徵信所
羅漢腳
大陸新娘
外籍新娘
越南新娘
印尼新娘

慢慢來 said...

靈骨塔糾紛
靈骨塔詐騙
債務整合
債務更生
債務人
債務清償條例
債務人不履行
生前契約
生前契約糾紛
生前契約詐欺
生前契約詐騙
負債救星
負債諮詢
卡債
卡債協商
卡債整合
卡債更生
卡債扶助
貸款
信用貸款
個人信貸
企業貸款
協商機制
汽車貸款
銀行貸款
房屋貸款

奇堡比 said...

新女性徵信
外遇調查站
鴻海徵信
亞洲徵信
非凡徵信社
鳳凰徵信社
中華新女性徵信社
全國新女性徵信社
全省女人徵信有限公司
私家偵探超優網
女人感情會館-婚姻感情挽回徵信
女子偵探徵信網
女子國際徵信
外遇抓姦偵探社
女子徵信社
女人國際徵信
女子徵信社
台中縣徵信商業同業公會
成功科技器材
女人國際徵信社
女人國際徵信
三立徵信社-外遇
女人國際徵信
女人國際徵信
大同女人徵信聯盟
晚晴徵信